About Me

My photo
Connecticut, United States
Hello, thanks for visiting. I attended the University of Connecticut where I received my BFA in illustration and BS in Finance. Feel free to email me at kristen.candella@gmail.com

October 9, 2009

Fourth Free Text Friday

Yay!...i got it to upload correctly finally after much troubleshooting
Illustration for the quote : " A book must be an ice-axe to break the sea frozen inside us" -Kafka
This piece was inspired by Alex, one of my life drawing II models over the summer. He is now in school to be a librarian and was always reading. I have to thank my brother for allowing me to draw him and modeling for the right pose.
Upon reading a good book, one can get emotionally wrapped up in the text. As humans, we can easily relate to certain situations that characters go through in the plot. A book can impale us, detoxifying our inner soul. Out pours all the tragic things that can occur in the vast depths of the sea-a harpooned octopus, an oil-slicked sea otter, and a sea turtle at the cusp of being strangled by someone who failed to sever the plastic can wrap.